Stapleton's Hunger Games Recipe Contest
To celebrate the release of the Hunger Games movie (and because Katniss's preferred dish contains our favorite fruit, Dried Plums), we are proud to launch our Hunger Games Recipe Contest.
While reading the Hunger Games Trilogy, how many of you also found yourself wondering what the foods of Panem tasted like? Lamb Stew with Dried Plums over wild Rice, Goat Cheese wrapped in fresh Basil, Clear Green Broth that tastes like springtime – hungry yet? Food plays a major role in the Hunger Games Books and what better way to celebrate the trilogy than to put some of these recipes to the test.
How it works:
Create and enter your favorite original recipe based on the Hunger Games Trilogy for your chance to win Fandango Gift Cards, Stapleton's Gourmet Dried Plums (to create Katniss's favorite dish), and Stapleton's Chef Aprons. Let the Games Begin!
- Create your own version of a recipe based on a food mentioned in The Hunger Games Trilogy (the food must be mentioned in the books).
- Email your entry to email@example.com. Make sure to include:
- Your original recipe
- A high res photo of the finished plated product.
- You may also include a description or story up to 50 words.
- Your name, contact information (an email address and daytime phone number) and your complete address and ZIP code (only your city of residence will be published).
- Entries must be submitted by 4/24/12
- Tell your friends to vote online! Voting period will end on 4/27/12 at Midnight.
View Recipe's and Vote Online!
You can view and vote for recipes two ways:
- Stapleton's Hunger Games Recipe Contest Homepage: View Entries and cast your vote right online! (We recommend voting this way to view full recipes and images – you can only view images on facebook)
- Stapleton's Hunger Games Recipe Contest on Facebook: View Entries and cast your vote right online! (Cannot view recipe details on Facebook)
- Voting period will end on 4/27/12 at Midnight.
Two Ways to Win:
- User-Selected Winner – Will be determined by most online votes. Voting period will end at Midnight on 4/27/12.
- Stapleton-Spence Winner – Will be selected by a panel of Stapleton-Spence judges. Winning recipe will be based on originality, taste appeal and presentation (photo of plated finished product).
We look forward to seeing your creations, and may the odds be ever in your favor!