California Gourmet Pitted Prunes (Dried Plums) – The all natural choice for foodservice
Stapleton’s California Gourmet Pitted Prunes are the perfect choice for any foodservice operation. This naturally sweet superfruit is nutrient rich and cost effective. Perfect for snacking, popular at the buffet table and easy to dice or puree to use as an ingredient, Stapleton’s California Gourmet Pitted Prunes are packed with more nutrients per serving than almost any other fruit.
- No Preservatives – All natural, preservative free.
- Taste the Difference – Stapleton’s Gourmet Pitted Prunes are carefully processed to ensure a tender texture and a natural sweet taste, rather than a “mushy” texture you might get with a stewed prune.
- Versatility for any Kitchen – Whether they are served at the buffet, pureed for sauces and baked goods, or diced and served in cereal and parfaits, Stapleton’s Gourmet Pitted Prunes are a favorite with dieticians and chefs alike. Click here for recipe ideas.
- A Nutrient Powerhouse – Prunes have high levels of antioxidants, fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Potassium and many other nutrients. Read below to see why this superfruit is chosen time and again over other canned and fresh fruits.
Why Choose Stapleton’s Gourmet Pitted Prunes over other Fruits?
- Antioxidants – Prunes have an ORAC* score of 5,770, higher than almost every other fruit and twice that of blueberries.
- Vitamins – High levels of many vitamins and minerals including Beta-carotene (Vitamin A) and Vitamin B6, more than most canned fruits.
- Potassium – Prunes have a higher level of potassium per serving than bananas.
- Fiber – One serving of prunes has 3grams of Dietary Fiber (twice that of apple sauce, fruit cocktail or canned peaches). The combination of fiber and sorbitol make prunes the perfect all natural solution to maintaining regularity – no prescription required.
- Low Glycemic Index Rating – Prunes have a low glycemic Index of 29 (plus or minus 4) – lower than apples, oranges, pears, peaches, bananas, watermelon and raisins.
- All Natural, Cholesterol, Sodium and Fat Free
* ORAC stands for Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity and is a standardized test method for measuring antioxidant activity of food and other substances
Get Started – Request a sample or place an order today!